Thank you for visiting the MMDA Project Home Page.
SPANISH MMDA 1.0 AVAILABLE, June 14, 2013
We are pleased to announce completion of the Spanish translation of the Model Mine Development Agreement. Special thanks to the World Bank’s Extractive Industries Technical Advisory Facility (EI TAF) for funding this translation. The translation was completed by Chilean lawyer Maria de los Angeles Perez, reviewed by Quinzio & Cia Abogados in Santiago, Chile.
- English MMDA 1.0 published April 4, 2011 Download and print in PDF (208 pages)
- Español MMDA 1.0 Contrato Modelo de Desarrollo Minero, 4 de Abril de 2011 PDF (249 páginas )
- Français MMDA 1.0 Modèle de Convention d’Exploitation Minière, 4 avril 2011 PDF (217 pages)
- Português – du Brésil MMDA 1.0 Contrato Modelo de Desenvolvimento Mineral, 4 de Abril de 2011 PDF (231 páginas)
- English MMDA 1.0 published April 4, 2011 Online
- Español MMDA 1.0 Contrato Modelo de Desarrollo Minero, 4 de Abril de 2011
- Français MMDA 1.0 Modèle de Convention d’Exploitation Minière, 4 avril 2011
- Português – du Brésil MMDA 1.0 Contrato Modelo de Desenvolvimento Mineral, 4 de Abril de 2011
The MMDA is a project of the Mining Law Committee of the International Bar Association.
- What is the Model Mining Development Agreement Project?
- What is the Mining Law Committee?
- What is the MMDA development process?
- How to use this website.
- Share Your Experience Using MMDA 1.0
- Model Mine Development Agreement Summary
MMDA Current Status
- FRENCH MMDA 1.0 AVAILABLE , April 22, 2013
For the French translation, special thanks for the financial contributions from Herbert Smith Freehills Paris LLP and McGuireWoods LLP, Brussels and the support from McCarthy Tétrault, Montréal. Coordination of the translation process by French speaking lawyers from different countries and jurisdictions was co-chaired by Stéphane Brabant, attorney, partner of Herbert Smith Freehills, Paris; Hubert André-Dumont, attorney, partner of McGuireWoods, Brussels; and Pierre Boivin, attorney, partner of McCarthy Tétrault, Montréal; with assistance from Howard Mann, International Institute for Sustainable Development, Ottawa. The actual translation process was undertaken by Kevin Touati, Ergen Ege, Marion Morvan, Mathilde de Brugerolles, Linda Feniniche and Sébastien Gaudu, all lawyers from Herbert Smith Freehills Paris LLP, under the supervision of Stéphane Brabant assisted by Sébastien Gaudu.
- PORTUGUESE MMDA 1.0 AVAILABLE, March 7, 2013
The International Bar Association’s Model Mine Development Agreement has now been translated into Portuguese, with thanks to the support of Agência Brasileira de Cooperação (ABC), and the work and dedicated support of the Brazilian law firm Pinheiro Neto Advogados. We express our particular recognition of Carlos Vilhena, Adriano Drummond C. Trindade, Adriano de Castro Pouchain and Caio Lacerda de Castro of Pinheiro Neto, whose detailed and highly focused work produced the final result.
- MMDA 1.0 published on April 4, 2011.